The payment experience is important to us, that’s why we have built borderless™ to be flexible to your needs. We have built two debit experiences which can be used. Choosing an experience will impact your development time to integrate with our solution.
- On-Demand Debit API- This method allows On-Demand Debits to be triggered via API, integrated with your solution and customized to your specific needs.
- Plans- This requires no development work. This tool is needed to manage your On-Demand Debit plans regardless if use our API or not.
The On-Demand Debit experience is simple and easy to manage.
- Step 1: Create an On-Demand Direct Debit Plan using our "Plans" tab in your dashboard.
- Step 2: Enter the plan name, maximum amount that can be charged, and description. All details will be displayed to the customer when they are invited.
- Step 3: Invite one or more clients via email or using their PayMe @handles “@borderless” or include a link on your website or custom emails.
- Step 4 (optional): The customer receives an invitation asking them to subscribe to the On-Demand Direct Debit Plan. If a link is used, this step is skipped.
- Step 5: The customer will log into their borderless™ account and accept the details of the plan. If they don’t have a borderless™ account, they can create one in under 5 minutes.
- Step 6: You get notified of their action and now can debit their bank account. You can use our dashboard or On-Demand Debit API to trigger debits at any time.
- Step 7: Once you trigger a debit, the customer gets notified and the payment is processed after 3 business days. The customer needs to be notified 3 days in advance. The funds then take 2-3 business days after being processed to be reflected in your bank account. We recommend you debit a customer’s bank account a week beforehand.
The On-Demand Debit Dashboard is a simple UI system that allows you to create, manage and execute plans using our dashboard. To learn more about how to create and manage your plans, contact your account manager or our sales team here.